Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Evaluating Programs

Started taking a look at cam programs.
Installed ace that I downloaded from dakeng.com, this is the manual

I paid for the license for turbocnc. You can pretty much use it without limitation as a "free" version, but I think I will be using it some. I could have got on with EMC but turbocnc will allow me to use some old obsolete laptops I have.

As for the ace dxf to gcode converter, I am reading through the manual and got sidetracked with a "free" gcode simulator. It is called CNCSimulator You can run it for free but you have to periodically go back to their web page to "gas up" no charge. It kinda bothers me to use a program that could be shut down in the future, but I am still dabbling so will see if there is anything elsewhere.

I have just about gotten to where the sherline mill is running understandably, I had to change the axis directions for 2 of the 3 to have them in normal x,y,z directions and I had to change the z axis stepper calibration. It defaulted to a number that made a z axis travel of 1 inch less than 1 inch by a good amount.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home