Monday, December 29, 2008

Setting Up the Lathe, EMC2 and Videos

Some videos of my goofing around setting up the lathe using EMC2 with Ubuntu 8.04, Xylotex Motor Controller on a Dell 900mhz computer.


Jog mode can be set to continuous or at steps on the lathe in EMC2, .0001" is the smallest.


Running a sample part in EMC2, It is a chess piece, but I am cutting air. I am just setting up the lathe and running some sample gcode to make sure things are working. I actually don't have a cutter handy anyway.


This is from a couple days ago, I was testing the stepper motor speed and acceleration in EMC2's stepper motor setup. I don't think I was actually running the speeds and accelerations listed because I did have to change the settings later on.



Came across some other youtube video. This is pretty neat, it looks like a gutted injet converted to a "laser" plotter. This is the link to their web page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home